This position has been filled. Thank you to all who applied.
One-year assignment in South Central Kentucky
Advanced Safety & Health has a high-profile client with a strong focus for safety that has an immediate opening for a site health and safety coordinator to spend approximately one year in the Glasgow/Bowling Green area. The safety professional who successfully completes this project will be considered for a staff position with Advanced Safety & Health’s Louisville office upon conclusion of the project. Job duties are outlined below:
- Implements and monitors compliance to OSHA requirements and the client’s corporate HS (Health and Safety) Program;
- Approve subcontractors’ project-specific HS program.
- Provides documentation and support to client managers and HSE officers;
- Assist Construction Manager in follow-up of corrective actions;
- Ensure the necessary supply, maintenance, operation, availability of safety, medical and firefighting equipment;
- Lead HS inspection of the site with client managers;
- Conducts risk assessment with subcontractor and ensures control measures are implemented for high risk work;
- Lead Emergency response team;
- Participate in Job Safety Analyses as requested and maintain records;
- Conduct incident investigations and follow-up on corrective actions;
- Ensure communication with the subcontractor HS representatives;
- Inform Construction Manager on HS issues to ensure compliance to contractual obligations;
- Lead HS Committee meetings;
- Participate in all meetings in which HS topics are discussed;
- Conduct HS orientations training for all personnel and visitors;
- Coach HSE Officers and security personnel for first aid, fire and incident prevention;
- Develop and conduct HS training sessions as required;
- Provide HS information to subcontractors;
- Ensure subcontractors HS recordkeeping practices are compliant with local regulatory requirements and HS program requirements until project completion and beyond;
This is an immediate opening. Candidate must possess (or be able to obtain quickly) a current First Aid/CPR certification as well as successfully completed an OSHA Construction 30 hour program. A degree in occupational safety and at least two years in construction safety is preferred.
Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a salaried staff position with benefits consisting of health insurance, simple retirement plan, vacation accrual and paid holidays.
For immediate consideration send your resume to email@example.com. If you have any further questions please call (502) 240-6910.