Senior Safety Consultant Position
Established occupational safety consulting company has immediate need for a highly experienced safety professional to perform as a senior safety consultant.
Advanced Safety & Health, LLC is a well-established Occupational Safety Consulting company based in Louisville, Kentucky with over 18 years in business. We are dedicated to providing high quality professional safety management, consulting, and training services to our vastly diverse client base. We provide onsite safety support services, training, and consulting for large- to smaller-scale operations, conduct OSHA-related audits, develop injury prevention programs, provide safety program management support, develop written programs and procedures, provide incident investigations and trending, provide customized training, job safety analysis, risk assessments, and many other related services for both short-term and ongoing contract engagements.
Due to company growth, we are currently searching for an individual to serve as a senior safety consultant with an entrepreneurial spirit who is passionate about safety management and training practices, and is able to work with a wide array of organizations and people, including manufacturing, construction, utilities, municipalities, distribution, maritime, and service sectors.
What You’ll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant for Advanced Safety & Health will be located in the Louisville, Kentucky area and be willing to do some travel as the job requires. You must be able to conduct onsite safety management support, risk assessments, and training for our growing client base throughout the United States, but primarily focused in the Louisville Kentucky and Southern Indiana area.
Additionally, you will need to be able to:
- Conduct full day training sessions that may involve multiple consecutive days
- Conduct intense multi-day onsite risk evaluation surveys and compile detailed reports and recommendations
- Assist clients with the development and implementation of safety policies, programs, and procedures specific to their needs
- Provide advanced risk management and consultative services to assigned clients
- Maintain and demonstrate safety management and expertise in area of OSHA compliance and injury prevention
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs for accounts to promote OSHA compliance awareness and reduce work-related injury frequency and severity
- Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Degree must have emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, Management, or Loss Control
- At least ten years of safety consulting or safety management work experience
- Safety designations such as CSP highly preferred, or willingness to pursue professional designation(s)
- High level of independence, organization, and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse customer base
- Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location accounts preferred
- Intimate knowledge, understanding, and implementation of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT Regulations
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide effective training in a variety of hands-on and classroom type settings
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft computer programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and dependable transportation for travel, including overnight travel
- A proficiency in general industry and construction safety and health as well as environmental compliance would be an added plus.
What You’ll Receive
Advanced Safety & Health offers all full-time employees a benefit package that includes:
- Competitive Compensation with a potential for pay bonuses based on personal and company performance
- Group Medical, Dental, and Vision
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with an employer contribution
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
What You Need To Do
Submit your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you should be part of our growing team, your special qualities, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please put Louisville Safety Consultant in the email heading.