Rapidly growing occupational safety consulting company has immediate need for a quick starter – must be degreed and experienced in the safety field.
Advanced Safety & Health, LLC is a growing Occupational Safety Consulting company based in Louisville, Kentucky. We are dedicated to providing high quality professional safety management, consulting and training services to our vastly diverse client base. We provide onsite safety support services, training and consulting for large- to small-scale operations, conduct OSHA-related audits, injury prevention programs, safety program management support, develop written programs and procedures, provide incident investigations and trending, provide customized training, job safety analysis, risk assessments, and many other related services for both short-term and ongoing contract engagements.
We are currently searching for an individual who is passionate about safety management and training practices, and is able to work with a wide array of organizations and people, including manufacturing, utilities, municipalities, distribution, construction, mines, maritime, and service sectors.
What You’ll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant for Advanced Safety & Health will be located in the Louisville, Kentucky area and be willing to travel as the job requires. You must be able to conduct onsite safety management support, risk assessments, and training for our growing client base throughout the United States, but primarily focused in Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and Ohio areas.
Additionally, you will need to be able to:
- Conduct full day training sessions that may involve multiple consecutive days
- Conduct intense multi-day onsite risk evaluation surveys and compile detailed reports and recommendations
- Assist clients with the development and implementation of safety policies, programs, and procedures specific to each account and loss exposure
- Provide advanced risk management and consultative services to assigned clients
- Maintain and demonstrate safety management and expertise in areas such as OSHA, MSHA, injury prevention, workers’ compensation, and fleet safety
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs for accounts to promote OSHA compliance awareness and reduce work-related injury frequency and severity
- Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Degree must have emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, Management, or Loss Control
- At least five plus years of safety consulting or safety management work experience
- High level of independence, organization, and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse customer base
- Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location accounts preferred
- Intimate knowledge, understanding, and implementation of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT Regulations
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide effective training in a variety of hands-on and classroom type settings
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft computer programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and dependable transportation for travel, including overnight travel
- Safety designations such as CSP preferred, or willingness to pursue professional designation(s)
- A proficiency in mine or construction safety and health as well as environmental compliance could be an added plus, but not required.
What You’ll Receive
Advanced Safety & Health offers all full-time employees a benefit package that includes:
- Competitive Compensation with a potential for pay bonuses
- Group Medical, Dental, and Vision
- SIMPLE retirement plan with an employercontribution
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
What You Need To Do
Submit your resume, with a cover letter explaining why you should be part of our growing team, your special qualities, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please put Louisville Safety Consultant in the email heading.